Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What's up with us

A lot of you have been asking how we are doing and well here it is... life is hard. I miss my husband so much and Eric misses his Daddy. Everytime a plane goes by he says "Bye bye daddy" We are surviving. I hate living on the second floor and how everything is set up. Taking out the trash is the biggets pain. That is why I only take the trash out every so often. Over here we have to sort our trash into paper, plastic and then the rest of the stuff. I put it out on the balcony until I absolutel have to take it out. Actually bringing in groceries is the biggest pain. I have to go down one flight of stairs and up two to get to our door with Eric trying to get what he wants out of the bags. I am so exhausted by the end of everyday that I fall into bed and just want to sleep. Eric wakes up every morning literally jumping in his crib yelling "Hey Mommy!" at the top of his lungs. I would be remiss if I didn't say that I am grateful. I am grateful for the families in our ward that treat us like family. I am grateful for all of the sisters and Young women who give me much needed breaks and encouragement. I am grateful for the shoulder that is always there for me to lean on when I need it. I love living in a military ward because we are all in the same boat. At any given time there are husbands and wives deployed from our ward and we all know what it is like to be there struggling. We all band together and I think that that is what has helped me the most. We have been invited to several Thanksgivng celebrations and Christmas dinners. Even people who are new to our ward are so friendly and so giving. I had one brother who just got back introduce himself to us in the Commissary. I know his wife and daughter but he reassured me that I was welcome to come over to their home any time and just hang out if I needed to because he understood what that meant to his wife while he was gone. I am also grateful for my family and their support. I am most thankful to my Heavenly Father and the safety he provides for Elmer and for us. I know that the next several months are going to be hard but in the end it will be worth it. We just have to keep pushing forward and not look back. Thank you all for your prayers and support. They really mean a lot to us.

No comments: