Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Feet!

I thought I should share with you my belief that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor. Case in point...



When I was pregnant with Eric, Elmer played basketball and got poked in the eye. We had to go to the ER and it was really bad. We were there until 2:30am. Now I was 5 months pregnant, it was December (freezing) and Elmer (as much as I love him) without sleep is kinda out of it. They gave him all kinds of meds and made an appointment for the next day. We went home and I had to make him soup (another story that is just too funny) so he could take his drugs. Anyways, I didn't sleep much because I had to call and let them know he wasn't coming to work and that he had Drs. appointment etc. I then had to get Stevie Wonder up and dressed and to his appointment out at LRMC. I had a YW thing that night so my day was exceptionally long. I stopped by the Burger King on Ramstein after the church thing and the drive thru was really long. I decided to go in...big mistake. Now this is 2006 which is the year of Happy Feet. For those of you who don't know, Happy Feet is about a penguin who dances instead of sings to find his love and somehow saves the entire penguin nation when he goes off to tell the humans that they are taking their fish. Good moral and it has Robin Williams which is too funny. Anyways, I am in Burger King and there is a kid in front of me with his mom. Now there is a display of the Happy Feet toys that come with the kids meals. For 10 that's right 10 minutes all this kid did was SCREAM "HAPPY FEET, HAPPY FEET, HAPPY FEET!!!" Now, imagine if you will a 5month pregnant woman who is hungry and tired. It grated on my nerves like nothing before. I was to the point that I was going to rip the display apart just to get him a toy to quiet him down. I promised myself that night that I would never, ever let my kid watch Happy Feet.



Fast Forward 2 and a half years.... the picture above is of a Happy Feet party invitation. Yes, that is right, our little boy is obsessed with Happy Feet. We watch it almost every night. I bought it on Black Friday for $3 and actuallly had to get another copy from Todd and Alyson because our first copy wore out. I won't tell you how much we spent on the party supplies. Let's just say that I never had a party that expensive and that included the trip to Disney. I spent hours on line scouring websited to find everything and have them ship it all to an APO. I know that the look on his face the day of his party will be priceless and eventually he will move onto some other movie phase but for now I am eating my words. I know that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor and I have enough life experiences to prove it, though I think this one tops them all.

No comments: