Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gratitude

Well, yesterday was an interesting day. Our FRG (Family Readiness Group) participated in an indoor flea market. Thank goodness it was indoors! It rained all day long! Now, one of the reasons for my post... I am grateful for my fellow FRG ladies for all of their love and support. I am grateful for the new friends I've made and for their abilities to make me feel good even when I feel bad. I have been searching for a train table for Eric for his birthday but have been unable to find one that won't cost us $200 or more + shipping. The postal service is kinda funny about shipping large items. As I was walking around the back of our table yesterday I spotted what looked like a toddler bed. We need a toddler bed! As I got closer and I read the sign I realized that it was a train table! I could have given that family a hug of gratitude! I bought it and brought it home and it is now waiting for Eric's birthday in the comfort of our basement. After picking up my babysitter to take her home I realized that I had a headlight out. Unfortunately there was no one who could help me replace it since Toyota is closed, the base garage was too busy etc. I called up one of the brothers in our ward and he changed it for me in the rain under a Sponge Bob umbrella. I can't tell you how grateful I was for him and his family. They are so special to us. Eric was excellent in the store later which I am truly grateful for!!! We didn't even have the car cart and he was still good. Ok, so I kinda bribed him with snacks but sometimes you have to go with what you've got! I came home humbled that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to realize when I just need a few little things to fall into place. I am grateful for our safety and for Elmer's I am also so grateful for our family and friends both here and at home. We love you all !!!

1 comment:

Alyeic said...

I'm so grateful you have such wonderful people out there to help you! And I'm so happy you could get Eric a train table, that's so much fun!